What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded when you visit our website. Cookies are essential to the functioning of the Internet; they cannot damage your computer/device and, if enabled in your browser settings, they help us identify and resolve potential errors in the operation of our website. The main purpose of cookies is to recognize the user each time he or she accesses the website and also allows us to improve the quality and usability of our websites (by means of identifiers that do not allow the user to be identified with any physical person).
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies. They all work the same way, but have small differences:
– Session Cookies. Session cookies last only for the duration of the visit and are deleted when the user closes the browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device, support website security or basic functionality. They do not contain personal information that can identify an individual.
– Persistent or Permanent Cookies: They are stored on the hard disk of the device and the website reads them each time the user makes a new visit to the website; they have a specific expiration date, after which the cookie stops working. They allow to identify the actions and preferences of the user; to analyze the visits and help to understand how the users arrive at the website and to improve the services offered by the same one.
– Functionality Cookies: They allow to remember decisions taken by the user, such as his/her login or identifier. The information in these cookies is anonymous (that is, it does not contain name, address, or other personal data).
– Third Party Cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies that are installed by a website that is not the one the user is visiting; for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or by external content add-ons (such as Google Maps).
– Analytical Cookies: These are cookies that have the purpose of periodic maintenance and to guarantee the best operation and service to the user; collecting data on user activity such as connection timeout, session ID, etc.
By accessing our website, you expressly agree that we may use these types of cookies on your devices. However, if you disable cookies, it will not affect your browsing on our websites.
Your Cookies Rights
In any case we inform that, the cookies that are not necessary for the use of our website, can be blocked or disabled by activating the configuration of your browser, which allows you to reject the installation of all cookies or some of them. Most browsers allow you to be alerted to the presence of cookies or to reject them automatically. If you reject them, you will still be able to use our Website, although the use of some of its services may be limited and therefore your experience on our website less satisfactory.
You can configure your browser(s) to maintain your privacy and security in relation to cookies. To do this, you can request the information on the links to official support sites of major browsers to block cookies through the browser configuration tools or set it to notify you when a server wants to save a cookie.